Saturday, June 14, 2014

It is getting closer

This morning, I woke up early to take the train to the capital to attend ASSIST’s pre-departure meeting. Justin van Dyke, Outreach Officer at New York University Abu Dhabi, started the meeting by presenting the unique opportunity that NYU Abu Dhabi offers. After that, we had a conversation with the ASSIST scholars, who just returned from their year in the US. They talked about their experience and gave us some tips how to make the best out of our next year.

As of today, it is less than 60(!!) days until my departure to the US. The flight is scheduled on the 13th of August, from Gothenburg to Stockholm and thence to Boston with a stopover in Reykjavik.

About three weeks ago, I received an email from Kila McCann, Head of Admission at Fountain Valley School of Colorado ( http://www.fvs.edu/ ) , inviting me to a Skype interview. Days later, I received the information that I was admitted to the 11th grade as a boarding student. However, I really wanted to attend the 12th grade and after a few emails and phone calls, I successfully convinced the school administration to make this change. So if you really want something, you should always try! If you do not, you cannot succeed!



Fountain Valley School of Colorado




Fountain Valley School of Colorado was established in 1930 and is a co-educational independent college preparatory school, with an enrollment of about 260 students. The school is located outside of Colorado Springs at about 1800 meters above sea level and it´s campus includes an area of 4,5 km2 at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The school seems absolutely perfect! ASSIST has made a very impressive work, coordinating all the students with suitable schools.


Since Wednesday, I have summer break. During the break, I am going to work a few weeks in the local ice cream cafe, but I am of course also going to relax and enjoy the summer with my friends and family.


I am very excited to meet all ASSIST scholars in Boston and to my year in Colorado!


See you all soon!


Oskar

No comments:

Post a Comment